Sunday, April 21, 2013

happy happy houston.




today was my third full day in the new place I call home. the houston area is quite large so although I have used nearly a quarter of a tank of gas exploring the metro, I have yet to master navigating without siri or found all the essentials. I did manage to locate a church, crossfit gym, target, and chick-fil-a...who needs anything else right?? I took Mia to a couple different dog parks that are in the downtown area, but one of them had a pool so she of course was all over that.

I am staying at an extended stay hotel this go around, it is very nice. I'm so thankful for somewhere safe and clean to sleep for the next 3 months.

I start work tomorrow, well orientation all day so not too much fun but I'm hoping they will put me on the floor tuesday night. I did drive by the hospital on my way into town on thursday and it looks very nice so I'm pretty excited (and nervous). I'm praying for some cool people at work to hang out with as well as opportunities to spread the gospel.

before I get ready for bed, I will leave you with a few houston fun facts:
-instead of honking at a car that fails to respond to a red from green traffic light, people will just go around you
-whoa. the traffic. I feel like I'm at a racetrack weaving in and out of cars across 6-8 lanes
-seeing a porsche, lamborghini, and maserati at the same traffic light is pretty standard
-despite the potentially arrogant "texan" stereotype, most people I have met so far have been extremely friendly
-contrary to predictions, it's not hotter in texas..yet :) I know the summer months are coming

No comments:

Post a Comment