Wednesday, January 30, 2013

a journey begins.


So I want to start with the disclaimer that I have never done a blog before, but I really want to share with everyone who is supporting and praying for me what God is doing during this new season of my life. Please bare with me as I attempt to take you on this adventure with me, because day 1 has already gotten crazy!

I had planned on leaving Little Rock at 6am with Mia and my winter wardrobe headed west to Santa Fe hopeful to arrive around 8:00 tonight and get more than the 3 hours of sleep that I got last night. Unfortunately, today was anything but what I had planned. To make a long story short, I made it only to Fayetteville and spent most of the day here. Basically there was an issue with my housing, which kept me in Fayetteville at my agency headquarters until after 5:00 when they closed, leaving me tired, frustrated, and barely making a dent into my 13 hour trek down I 40.

But my God is a God who provides. My agency basically took the reigns and ensured I was completely taken care of by providing a nice warm bed in town for me tonight, changing my start date from Friday to Monday, and setting up new housing for the next 3 months.

On a more positive and less stressful note, I had an awesome time with the Lord in the fraction of driving I did do today, and reflecting on some of my Little Rock family. My heart was so full from all the cards, dinners, coffees, love, and hugs as I watched Pinnacle mountain disappear into the horizon.  This is truly a bittersweet time for me, but as I move forward where the Lord is leading, I have no doubt that He will meet me there.

I'm praising You Lord, for all You have done in the last six years. I was broken, restored, encouraged, loved, experienced grace, stirred, and established a love for my Savior that I didn't know existed. Little Rock was life changing to say the least, and I will never forget it.
x

2 comments:

  1. Just as Paul prayed this prayer over the church at Philippi so I pray it's truth and hope over you: "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11
    So excited for you friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, Brittney. I love you like one of my own children. As you set out on this exciting (and probably a little scary:)) new journey that God has sent you on, keep your heart open to the amazing things He is going to teach you. Through all the new places you will go and people you will meet always remember to be an example of His perfect love for us. I have no doubt you will, because you are one in a million. I am so glad you came into Jordan's life and therefore into mine. Maybe you will get an assignment in Madison, WI and in Jackson, TN! Be safe and don't forget us hicks here in Arkansas and I better hear you call those Hogs all the way in Texarkana from wherever you are. I love you, Gill! Mama Paula

    ReplyDelete